WHAT IS THE PTA?
- Student Education Programs that make learning fun like Reading Book Club, Spelling Bee, Math and Science Nights, Family Reading Night and Music and Art programs like Reflections, Poem in my Pocket.
- Health and Safety Programs that promote healthy bodies and healthy minds, like Red Ribbon Week, Run Club, Words Matters Week, etc.
- Community Building Programs that help our school and our community like Diversity Programs, Sister Schools, PTA Honorary Awards, Legislative Advocacy, Ed100, School Smarts.
- Family Hospitality Event like Kids Night Out, International Festival, Talent show, Parent Education Workshops and Speakers, Virtual Family Socials, etc.
- PTA Communications – Bulldog Dish Weekly News letter, school directory, etc.
- School Pride Activities – Yearbook, Spirit-wear, School Beautification events, etc.
BECOME A MEMBER OF PTA TODAY!
Becoming a member allows you to participate and have a voice on different PTA programs, based on your availability.
- Family Membership: $30
- Individual Parent Membership: $15
- Teacher/Staff Membership: $15
If you have any questions please e-mail Sasha Grant our PTA President.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Studies prove that children perform better when parents are involved
- PTA volunteers provide numerous services to improve the school
- PTA provides great resources for both parents and students
- National PTA meets with legislators to provide advocacy for our children
is to make every child’s potential a reality
to advocate for all children.
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Establish programs that facilitate student/family social safe interactions
- Create venues where teachers/educators can enhance learning from home program and/or in school facilities.
- Create programs that support students exploration of reading, writing, math, arts, sciences, and health